Last updated: September 5, 2019
By submitting your information to Rosina, you consent to the practices described in this policy. If you are less than 18 years of age, then you must first seek the consent of your parent or guardian prior to submitting any personal information.
How We Collect Information
Rosina may collect personal information from you in the following ways: (1) directly from your verbal or written input (such as by consenting to receiving marketing emails); (2) automatically through the Rosina website technologies including tracking online, such as by Web cookies (which are small text files created by websites that are stored on your computer), by smart devices, by combining data sets, by collecting data from a browser or device for use on a different computer or device, or by using algorithms to analyze a variety of data such as records of purchases, online behavioral data, or location data; or (3) by social media participation. Information You Provide
The types of personal information that Rosina collects directly from you may include:
- Contact details, such as your name, email address, postal address and telephone number;
- Internet Protocol ("IP") addresses used to connect your computer to the Internet;
- Educational and professional interests;
- Tracking codes such as cookies;
- Usernames and passwords;
- Payment information, such as a credit or debit card number;
- Comments, feedback, posts and other content you provide to Rosina
- Communication preferences;
- Purchase and search history;
- Location-aware services, the physical location of your device in order to provide you with more relevant content for your location;
- Information about your personal preferences, hobbies and interests
In order to access certain content and to make use of additional functionality and features of Rosina websites and services, we may ask you to register for an account by completing and submitting a registration form, which may request additional information.
Information We Receive From Other Sources
Rosina may receive information about you if you use any of the websites we operate or the other services we provide. We also work closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners and sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, academic institutions, search information providers, and credit reference agencies) from whom Rosina may receive information about you.
Use of Your Information
Rosina may use your personal information in the performance of any contract we enter into with you, to comply with legal obligations, or where Rosina has a legitimate business interest in using your information to enhance the services and products we provide. Legitimate business purposes include but are not limited to one or all of the following: providing direct marketing and assessing the effectiveness of promotions and advertising; modifying, improving or personalizing our services, products and communications; detecting fraud; investigating suspicious activity and otherwise keeping our site safe and secure; and conducting data analytics.
All suggestions, ideas, concepts, recipes and other information disclosed or submitted to Rosina Food Products Inc. (“Rosina”) by you through this Website, by email, regular mail or otherwise (“Submissions”) shall become Rosina’s property. Rosina asks that all submissions are made through this website. Without limitation, Rosina shall exclusively own all rights to Submission of every kind and nature throughout the Universe. By way of example only, Rosina shall have the unrestricted, exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, and transferable right to use, revise, alter, reproduce, modify, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, transmit, display, and perform such Submission(s), in whole or in part, for any purpose whatsoever. In no event will Rosina be deemed to be obligated to pay any compensation, royalty or other consideration of any type or nature to the provider of a Submission, and by disclosing or submitting a Submission to Rosina, the provider thereof waives and agrees to refrain from making any claim for any such compensation, royalty or other consideration.
In addition, we may use your information in the following ways (after obtaining your consent, if required):
- To provide you with information about products that you request from us;
- To provide you with information about other products, events and services we offer that are either (i) similar to those you have already purchased or inquired about, or (ii) entirely new products, events and services;
- For internal business and research purposes to help enhance, evaluate, develop, and create Rosina websites (including usage statistics, such as "page views" on Rosina websites and the products therein), products, and services;
- To notify you about changes or updates to our websites, products, or services;
- To administer our services and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, statistical, and survey purposes;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service; and
- For any other purpose that we may notify you of from time to time.
Personal information will not be kept longer than is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected. This means that, unless information must be retained for legal or archival purposes, personal information will be securely destroyed, put beyond use or erased from Rosina systems when it is no longer required or, where applicable, following a request from you to destroy or erase your personal information.
Disclosure and Sharing of Your Information
Rosina will not disclose to or share your personal information with any unaffiliated third party except as follows:
- Where necessary in connection with services provided by third parties (i) who provide us with a wide range of office, administrative, information technology, production, payment, or business management services, and (ii) who are required to comply with this policy;
- Where you voluntarily provide information in response to an advertisement from a third party;
- Where your consent has been provided, with a third party such as an academic institution, school, employer, business or other entity which has provided you with access to a product or service through an integration or access code, information may be shared regarding your engagement with the service or product, results of assessments taken and other information you input into the product or service;
- Where Rosina is required to disclose personal information in response to lawful requests by public authorities and government agencies, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements; to comply with a subpoena or other legal process; when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, to enforce our Terms of Service, or to protect the rights, property or safety of our services, users or others; and to investigate fraud; and
- Where all or substantially all of the business or assets of Rosina relating to our services are sold, assigned, or transferred to another entity.
If necessary in connection with providing publishing services on behalf of third parties, such as institutions and societies, Rosina may disclose navigational and transactional information in the form of anonymous, aggregate usage statistics and demographics information that does not reveal your identity or personal information.
We will use appropriate physical, technical and administrative safeguards to protect your data. Access to your personal data will be restricted to only those who need to know that information and required to perform their job function.
As is true of most websites, we gather certain information automatically. This information may include IP addresses, browser type, Internet service provider ("ISP"), referring/exit pages, the files viewed on our site (e.g., HTML pages, graphics, etc.), operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data to analyze trends in the aggregate and administer the site.
Like many websites, our website uses Google Analytics to collect information about your use of our website. This information consists of information that your web browser automatically sends to Google, such as the web address of the page that you visit and your IP address. Google may also set cookies or read preexisting cookies. This information is stored on Google´s servers. Google uses this information to provide use with reports about traffic to our website and your visit to our website (such as the domain from which you access the internet, the web address of the website from which you linked to our site, the time and date of your visit the web pages that you view and click through). We will use this data to improve our website structure and content.
Our emails do not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses;
- When our email is an advertisement, the email identifies the message as an advertisement in an easily recognizable manner;
- The body of our emails include a physical address of our business or headquarters;
- We honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests regarding further emails in a timely manner; and
- We allow email recipients to unsubscribe from further emails using the link at the bottom of each email.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving further emails, you can follow the instructions at the bottom of each email or call 1.888.767.4621. We will remove you from the email distribution list in a timely manner.
Social Media Interaction
Rosina uses third party social media sites such as Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Youtube, and Twitter to provide you with a more useful and entertaining experience with our events, promotions and products. This feature may require us to implement cookies and/or APIs provided by such social media platform to facilitate the communication. By interacting with Rosina through these third party social media sites, you are giving us permission to use the information you share with us. We cannot control any policies or terms of such third party platform. As a result, we cannot be responsible for any use of your information or content by a third party platform.
This information will only be used in a way to improve our service and communication to you. We may use this data to provide you with information and experiences that better fit your preferences, or we may reply to you directly through these social media sites.
Rosina recognizes the privacy interests of children and we encourage parents and guardians to take an active role in their children's online activities and interests. No personally identifiable information is collected by Rosina from children under the age of 13 and this site is not intended for children under the age of 13.
If someone under the age of 13 has provided us with personal information, Rosina asks that the parent or guardian of that person contact us at the e-mail address at the top of this Policy and request removal of the information from our records. Upon receiving your request, we will promptly remove such information from our records.
Do Not Track
We will automatically collect cookies and other non-personally identifying information when you visit this site. Due to this automatic collection, we do not currently honor “do not track” requests. We do not currently participate in any third party ad networks, but we do use third party cookies as discussed above to track your visits across websites.
Terms & Conditions for Personal and Non-commercial Use
This website is operated on behalf of Rosina for your personal entertainment, information, education and communication. Please feel free to browse the site. You may download material on the site only for personal, non-commercial use, and you must retain all copyright and other proprietary notices contained in the materials. You may not distribute, modify, transmit, reuse, re-post or use the content of the site, including the text, images, audio or video, for public or commercial purposes, without Rosina’s prior written permission.
Rosina is under no obligation to monitor any posting or transmission to or about the site and assumes no responsibility or liability arising from the content of any such posting or transmission, nor for any error, defamation, libel, slander, omission, falsehood, obscenity, pornography, profanity, danger or inaccuracy contained therein or related thereto.
You are prohibited from posting or transmitting any unlawful, threatening, libelous, defamatory, obscene, scandalous, inflammatory, pornographic or profane material, or any material that could constitute or encourage conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any law. Rosina will fully cooperate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing Rosina to disclose the identity of anyone posting any such information or materials.
California Privacy Rights
If you have questions or comments about this site, please contact us via the contact information below. California residents, please note that California Civil Code 1798.83 permits customers of Rosina Food Products Inc. who are California residents to request certain information regarding its disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request please contact us using the information below.
You have the right to make a written request to be informed whether or not we hold or process any of your personal information (by emailing email@example.com). In your written request, you may:
- Request that we provide you with details of your personal information that we process, the purpose for which it is processed, the recipients of such information, the existence of any automated decision making involving your personal information, and what transfer safeguards we have in place;
- Request that we rectify any errors in your personal information;
- Request that we delete your personal information if our continued processing of such information is not justified (such a request may result in a termination of your account with us and you may have limited or no use of our website);
- Request that we transfer your personal information to a third party;
- Object to automated decision-making and profiling based on legitimate interests or the performance of a task in the public interest (in which event the processing will cease except where there are compelling legitimate grounds, such as when the processing is necessary for the performance of a contract between us);
- Object to direct marketing from us; and
- Object to processing for purposes of scientific, historical research and statistics.
Where applicable under your local laws, we will not use your personal information for marketing purposes, nor disclose your information to any third parties, unless we have your prior consent, which we will seek before collecting your personal information.
If at any point you wish to review or change your preferences you can use the "opt-out" or unsubscribe mechanism or other means provided within the communications that you receive from us or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Any comments, complaints or questions concerning this policy or complaints or objections about our use of your personal information should be addressed by directing your comments to email@example.com.
Our postal address is
170 French Rd.
Buffalo, NY 14227
We can be reached by telephone at 1.888.767.4621