Meatball Blue Cheese Bacon Pizza
Serving Size: 6
Rosina Italian Style Meatballs
Pizza Dough or Prepared Pizza Crust
4 Slices of Bacon, Cooked and Chopped
½ White Onion, caramelized
8 oz. of Crimini Mushrooms, Sliced
4 Tablespoons of Butter, Divided for caramelizing the mushrooms and onions
1 Cup of Chunky Blue Cheese Dressing
½ Cups of Blue Cheese Crumbles
1 Cup of Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Preheat oven to 450°F. If using a pizza stone, let the oven and stone heat for at least one hour prior to baking the pizza, so the stone has time to heat up properly.
- If using pizza dough, let rise and double in size. Place in a warm, dry place to rise for at least one hour.
- While the dough is rising, prepare the meatballs bake at 350°F. Place frozen meatballs in a single layer on baking pan for 15-20 minutes. When cooked transfer the meatballs to a large plate and cut each one in half.
- Set a large skillet over medium heat add in the slices of bacon cooking until crisp. Set aside allowing to cool and then chop. Drain off bacon grease add in 2 TBSP of butter over medium heat and add in onions cook stirring occasionally until a nice golden brown and caramelized, set aside. Add in remaining 2 TBSP of butter and sliced crimini mushrooms cook until roasted and golden brown.
- Spread the pizza dough out evenly over a baking sheet. Top pizza dough with blue cheese dressing as a base. Then add the halved meatballs, bacon, mushrooms and onions. Top with additional blue cheese crumbles and mozzarella cheese.
- Bake on baking sheet or on pizza stone for approximately 12-15 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.