Gnocchi with Shrimp, Asparagus & Pesto
Serving Size: 4
1 Bag Italian Village Gnocchi
4 Cups of Sliced Asparagus
1 lb. peeled and deveined Shrimp
1 Cup Basil Leaves
2 Tablespoons Pine Nuts, Toasted
2 Tablespoons Shredded Parmesan Cheese
2 Teaspoons Fresh Lemon Juice
2 Teaspoons Minced Garlic
4 Teaspoons Extra – Virgin Olive Oil
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add Gnocchi and cook according to package instructions. Remove and set aside.
- In a large sauté pan over medium heat add 1 Tablespoon Extra – Virgin Olive Oil; add asparagus and shrimp to the pan and cook for 5 minutes or until the shrimp are cooked through.
- In a food processor combine 1 Tablespoon water, Basil, pine nuts, parmesan cheese, lemon juice, and garlic; process until smooth scraping down the sides. Drizzle olive oil through the food chute with the processor on; process until well blended.
- Add the Basil mixture and the Gnocchi to the Shrimp and Asparagus and heat over medium heat tossing to coat.
- Serve with additional parmesan cheese and toasted pine nuts.