Eggplant Burger with Honey Glazed Caramelized Onions
Serving Size: 8
Celentano Breaded Eggplant Cutlets
4 Tablespoon Olive Oil
2 Vidalia Onions, Thinly sliced
½ cup Dark Beer (Porter or Stout)
2 Tablespoon Soy Sauce
2 Tablespoon Dijon Mustard
4 Tablespoons Honey
Beef Steak Tomato
Roasted Red Pepper
Fresh Mozzarella Cheese
Preparing the Eggplant.
- Deep Fry:Place the frozen cutlets in the fryer at 375 degrees for about 2 ½ minutes and cook until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees for at least 30 seconds.
- Baking:Place frozen cutlets on a greased baking sheet and bake at 425 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes and cook until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees for at least 30 seconds.
For the Caramelized Onions:
- Heat a large skillet over medium- high heat. Add the oil to the pan and swirl to coat. Add the Onions to the pan and cook for 2-4 minutes, and Onions start to brown.
- Add the Beer, Soy Sauce, Mustard, and Honey to the pan. Bring to a boil and then reduce the heat to simmer until the liquid thickens into a glaze and the Onions are cooked through, about 7-10 minutes. Stir frequently.
Assembling the Burgers:
- Place each Brioche roll on a parchment-lined baking sheet, cover top of Brioche Roll with a slice of Fresh Mozzarella Cheese. Heat in the oven until the cheese begins to melt, 2-3 minutes.
- Place one piece of Eggplant onto Brioche Roll bottom followed by a slice of tomato, and roasted red pepper. Add a second piece of Eggplant and top with a spoonful of the Caramelized Onions.
- Place a small handful of arugula on top of caramelized onions and top with the top portion of the roll with the melted fresh Mozzarella.