Creamy Ranch, Bacon and Tomato Pasta Salad
Serving Size: 10
1 Package Celentano or Italian Village Cavatelli
1 (16 ounce) package bacon, cooked and crumbled
1 ½ pounds grape Tomatoes
3 Green Onions, Chopped
¾ cup Sour Cream
¾ cup Mayonnaise
¾ cup Buttermilk
1 (1 ounce) package of Ranch Dip Mix
Salt and Black pepper to taste
1. Cook your bacon, either on the stove top or on a large cookie sheet in your oven. When it is cooked through remove it to a plate and pat the grease off with some paper towels. Set aside.
2. Boil your pasta according to the package cooking instructions. Pour it into a strainer that you have placed in your sink. Pour cold water all over the pasta until it comes to room temperature. Set aside.
3. Slice the little grape tomatoes in half and toss them into a large mixing bowl.
4. Chop up three green onions and add them to the tomatoes.
5. Pour your cooked pasta into the bowl.
6. In a small mixing bowl combine ¾ cups sour cream, ¾ cups mayonnaise, ¾ cups buttermilk and one ranch dip mix packet. Stir it well to combine, making sure all of the other ingredients are well incorporated.
7. Crumble up your bacon and add it to the pasta mixture.
8. Pour half of the dressing over the top of the pasta and stir well. Cover and refrigerate for one hour, or until you are ready to serve. Make sure to refrigerate the remaining dressing as well.
9. When you are ready to eat, pour the remaining dressing over the top. Stir it well, making sure all of the ingredients are covered with dressing. Salt and Pepper to taste.