Chicken Florentine Pasta
Serving Size: 25
1 Case of Rosina Cavatelli
15 Servings per 5lb. Bags
2.5 lbs. Rosina Cavatelli
3.25 lbs. Whole Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
Salt And Black Pepper, to taste
2.50 oz. Unsalted Butter
2.50 oz. Olive Oil
1.25 oz. Garlic, Minced
12.50oz. Dry White Wine
12.50oz. Low- Sodium Chicken Broth
1 lbs. Baby Spinach
22 oz. Grape Tomatoes, Halved Lengthwise
10 oz. Parmesan Cheese, Shaved with a Vegetable Peeler
- Cook pasta according to package directions in lightly salted water. Drain and set aside.
- Cut the chicken breasts into chunks and sprinkle on the salt and black pepper to taste.
- Heat butter and olive oil over high heat in a large skillet. Add chicken chunks in a single layer and do not stir for a minute or two in order to allow the chicken to brown on the first side. Turn the chicken and brown on the other side. Cook until done (165°F internal temperature) then remove chicken from the skillet.
- Turn heat to medium. Add the garlic and quickly stir to avoid burning. After about 30 seconds, pour in the white wine and chicken broth, stirring to deglaze the pan. Allow the liquid to bubble up, then continue cooking until it’s reduced by at least half (most of the surface of the liquid should be bubbling at this point.)
- Turn off the heat. Add the spinach, tomatoes, chicken, and the cooked pasta to the skillet. Toss to combine; the spinach will wilt as you toss everything together. Add plenty of parmesan shavings and toss to combine.
- Serve with extra parmesan shavings.